29th Lactation Conference (Hybrid Webinar)
"Expanding and Improving Your Lactation Support Tool Kit"
Speakers and Sessions
(4 pre-recorded sessions, 4 live Zoom sessions; bonus pre-recorded session with 2-day registration)
• Ethics of Supporting Formula Feeding Families
Bryna Hayden, IBCLC
• Infant Oral Assessment and Activities for Supporting Optimal Infant Oral Function
Melissa Cole, MS, IBCLC
• Lactation Support for Patients with Large Breasts/Chests Megan Dunn, IBCLC,RLC
• A Case Study Approach to Critical Thinking Skills for Lactation Professionals Melissa Cole, MS, IBCLC
• Normalizing Brown Breasts: A Primer for Breast Assessment in Non-White Skin Tones
Nekisha Killings, MPH, IBCLC, RLC
• The Impact of Policy on the Lactating Family (Panel Discussion) Kara Kaikini, MS, IBCLC
• Clinical Lactation Tools: Bottles, Tubes, and Shields, Oh my! Melissa Cole, MS, IBCLC
• Parent-Centered Lactation Care (with a focus on LGBTQ+ Care) Bryna Hayden, IBCLC
BONUS SESSION with 2-Day Registration:
"The Impact of Culture on Breastfeeding"
Register for both days
and receive the “bonus” session
with Naomi Bar Yam, PhD, ACSW,
“The Impact of Culture on Breastfeeding”
Breastfeeding occurs in the context of multiple cultures: US culture; the ethnic and national culture of the mother and family; medical culture. This talk considers the roles of culture and interpreters in breastfeeding support; health care as a cultural system; and forms of milk sharing – cross nursing, wet nursing, milk kinship, milk banking and the monetization of milk exchange. We also examine two examples of cultural influence on breastfeeding practice: colostrum taboo, and “yuck factor” in use of donor milk.
This 60- minute pre-recorded session will be released with your “PDF Ticket”.
Sign up to our newsletter and stay up to date
Don't worry, we won't send you too much content.